Well - This is who I am 2:51 PM

Hi,

I'm Katie. 
A 19 year old education major at Miami University of Ohio.
I started to describe myself but no matter how I wrote it I felt  I sounded insincere, so instead, I will let you imagine who I am as you read. Let me be whomever my words make you believe I am.
I bet you and I aren't all that different at all.  

My reasons for starting this blog are simple. I have years and years of poems stored up. At times all I had to cope with my emotions were these strings of words and thoughts. I need some place to put them so that they don't fade away into some dark corner of my past. I'm not claiming they are good or even moving, but at the time they were the most honest way of expressing the most important events in my life.

More importantly - I know at times I felt so very very alone. If one of you can find some sort of meaning from my poem that helps you then I've accomplished my job. I often found out little truths about myself in other people's poetry. Take my words, TWIST THEM, make them yours. Ha I'm not saying plagiarize them at any means just find yourself in them. Because I know if you are a girl you will or have at one time felt like that awkward shy little girl who just wants to be loved for who you are. Don't worry if you are that girl right now =] life will move on and there are so many amazing surprises up ahead! I'm not saying you'll never be the awkward girl again, but you will LIVE. So go out there and LIVE! Let life fill you will passion and love. If you get hurt it just lets you know that you are out there experiencing this beautiful world we live in.

Lastly, I want you all to know that when you feel so full there is no room to wiggle around and straighten out the clutter you should write! You don't have to be a poet, you just have to have a heart and a soul and some sort of writing device. Try it, you'll thank me later.

sorry about my ramblings.... I promise future posts will be much more coherent - and filled with much more poetry, art, music, literature, quotes, and other things that have filled me with inspiration and have gotten me through the years. 
.Love. 
xo

0 comments: