POEM ONE. 3:11 PM


This is hard for me to make myself so vulnerable by posting little pieces of my heart on here..  Please be gentle with me, some of these poems that I'm posting are sitting on wounds that have only now begun to heal. I just want to put these out there so that if other girls need something to cling onto as a way to represent how they feel they will be able to. I can only hope that some of you are inspired to trust your words to convey your soul as well. Deep Breaths.... Here i Go. xo

Crossing Phone Lines

The sky bleeds charcoal 
as your voice soaks my ear
I whisper secrets to a friend that I can't see
believing in the promises of the faceless
trusting that you'll make it all okay-
that you'll hold the ladder steady
but as the sun comes up your empty words scatter like shadows on the lawn
and I dangle helplessly
knowing that if forced to make a choice
you'd leave me scrambling for the exit


And here it comes
another attempt to begin an ending
another desperate plea that escapes my lips
but somehow this feels like your last try
the last attack from the conflicted

The rug pulled out from under me
I hit the ground
and strain for your hand
the one that always had enough room for me
but it's gone
dialing another number
stealing back the promises 
and giving them to her


the darkness lifts
revealing tears
I said I'd never shed for you
and as they cary me off to a restless sleep 
I clutch the phone in my hand
listening for the call 
deep down


I knew would never come




Discover music (My other coping mechanism) Listen to Meiko - Boys with Girlfriends

0 comments: