The sun is setting.. 6:33 PM


I was in the back seat of a car in december when i saw the most beautiful sunset reflecting in the giant windows of a building close to my school. I wrote this poem in my head that night...





Aren't Sunsets Supposed to Bring Closure?xo




The sun is setting
red-orange bouncing off the windows and road
some song about us
or what i thought was us is playing
I turn it up and listen to the words
it's as if I'm listening to a memory
that's only half true
somewhere in the chorus 
i stop seeing the road
the way you read without seeing the words
when did something I went so long without 
become a necessity?
Turn signals flash, corners are turned,
and yet somehow i drive
but I'm not there
I'm lost somewhere in verse three
with the promises and memories
I faintly hear the song end
and the announcers says something about a new song
but I just turn it off
not wanting one more thing to associate with you
the sun still setting
I break the silence
with a s hollow sounding verse three
and as the red orange bounces off my windows
I don't need you any less...



Listen to this - Goo Goo Dolls - Acoustic No. 3

0 comments: