DISCOVER LITERATURE 7:24 PM



There are few books that I've ever read that stand out in my mind like this short novel The Alchemist by Paulo Cohelho. In fact, my copy is now well worn in with corners folded to mark quotes that touched a place inside I had forgotten existed, and the names of my friends descending the inside of the front cover. After finishing the book it had been passes from friend to friend with only one requirement, to sign their names to the cover. Our lives are now all linked within the pages. Each of us moved deeply by Coelho's hauntingly beautiful words and ideas. It won't take long to read but the impression it leaves will drift with you as you move through the phases of your life. I have just one request if you take my advice and let this book help you to become a better version of yourself... pass it on.  xo


A few outstanding quotes from the book:
  • "When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too."
  • "Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of it's dreams, because ever second of the search is a second's encounter with eternity"
  • " To realize ones destiny is a person's only obligation"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love love love this book!!!!!!! It has helped me through so many tough times. Thank you for bringing it out there to the masses