Is love always enough? 7:58 PM

I promised I wouldn't tell you so much about myself that you wouldn't be able to mold my poems into your own, but i don't think it will do any harm to inform you that I have a bit of a Messiah Complex. In other words, I want to save the world. Scratch that - I feel the NEED  to save the world. Many of you may feel the same, but girls let me tell you, someday you will run into something or someone that you will want so desperately to change for the better and you will run into a wall. DON'T LET IT HARDEN YOU. It's okay not to be able to fix it all by yourself, that's a lesson I've learned the hard way. Sometimes you just have to wait until they are ready to help themselves too. No matter what, stay passionate and loving - the world needs more people like you.xo


Run

So run
leave the faint odors of nicotine and rum
to twist in the tense air behind you
run away from this life that compressed you
making you smaller than you should have become
run
run to the safety of a false reality
let it hold your hands
cradle you
let it supply you with it's passing strength
as it tells you everything you want to hear
You Run
Run to your sinless room
you sit in silence
letting thick smoke curl around you
letting it fill your lungs with charcoal comfort
keeping an eye all the while
on the doors that you've slammed shut
checking to make sure the
 "Do not disturb signs" that you've hung
Haven't slipped from their place.
In your mind
you have every right
to leave us all behind
so run





Discover music - Rob Blackledge - Broadway

0 comments: